Northern Lights Knit-A-Long 2019/2020
Hello everyone, a few weeks ago I asked in our Ravelry Group what people thought about doing another Knit-A-Long, we have done a few (Winter Woollies, Fire Festival) and of course every year we do the Colourbox Competition at the Agricultural Shows in Shetland. The answer was yes and I asked in a poll what people would like to do – we usually choose the colours but for a change this time we are merely going to give you the inspiration and leave colours up to you.
We have chosen Northern Lights as our inspiration source for this KAL, Shetland is known for being one of the best places to see Northern Lights or Mirry Dancers as we call it. As the nights darken and the temperature drops the sky is often filled with these strange moving lights in all different colours. It makes a great inspiration because you can choose to be inspired in any way:
- By colour: greens, yellow, purple, blue, navy, black.. the more you look the more colours you see!
- By shapes: swirls, stars, lines, gradients
- By style of knitting: colourwork/Fair Isle, Lace, Slipped Stitches..
Our only stipulation is you must use all J&S yarns – you can use any, from cobweb up to chunky but to be eligible for a prize you must be able to show it is made in our wool.
- KAL will run from today (November 11th) until 1st April 2020.
- You can make any type of Knitted Garment/Accessory or Home item.
- What you make must only use Jamieson & Smith yarns.
- Item must be inspired by Northern Lights either in colour, motif or effect – or all three!
You can share what you’re making with the #northernlightskal on Instagram and you must tag Ravelry projects with #northernlightskal
We will be back with more info soon but for now get thinking about what you would like to make and share in our ravelry group and on instagram