Spockies Heylor Gloves
Hello everyone, you may remember earlier in the year (somehow this year has been extremely long yet short at the same time!) we announced our Keep Making Knit-A-Long. Our aim for this KAL was to inspire people to just keep making – we are lucky that knitting, crochet, spinning etc is a great help to us all at this time! We wanted to create a place in our Ravelry group that people could share progress, encourage each other and then post their finished objects – we are delighted with how many people posted a finished object, here is a small selection (see here for them all) :
trevsters Shetland Heritage Vest
ladywulfs Shetland Homespun Hap
ginni’s Davern Mittens and Tam
griseldis’s Lockdown Project
Bealavenders Porty Pullover
We have chosen a winner at random and I can reveal it is Melissa aka silvershoes on Ravelry (I’ve sent you a message!), thank you to everyone who took part – it has been a great KAL. We try to have one or two knit-a-longs a year so if you would like to take part keep an eye on our Ravelry group*
Silvershoes Northumberland Pheasant
*in the middle of this KAL Ravelry did their site design update which is why we didn’t post too much about it for those of you who could no longer use the site, we are hopeful that it will/has become more accessible for those with issues or if you have ideas of other places we could host a KAL please post below.
Hello Everyone, Happy Friday! Today we announce the beginning of another J&S KAL – the Keep Making KAL! we thought since it will be a while before life is back to normal we would host another Knit-A-Long. Rather than a themed KAL as we have done before this time we would focus on using this time to make something you’ve always wanted to make or trying a new-to-you skill in your making. We want to encourage discussion and sharing progress – mainly on our ravelry group but also through any social media using the #keepmakingkal
We are all going through different experiences at the moment and we hope the project you choose to work on during the KAL will give you comfort, whether that is as a distraction at the end of the day or something you can focus on while you are home.
so the rules are as follows:
- All projects must use only Jamieson & Smith yarns/fibres.
- You can use any wool/fibre based skill – knitting, crochet, spinning, embroidery etc as long as the wool used is from J&S
- KAL will run from now (22nd May 2020 to 22nd September 2020)
- Focus on improving your skills, making something you’ve always wanted to make, using a yarn you’ve never used, designing something thats just been an idea or finishing a project that’s been waiting to be finished!
- Share progress on our Ravelry group and post your finished object in a designated finished object thread.
- A winner will be chosen at random by a random number generator, everyone who posts a finished object will receive a free J&S pattern of their choice from our Ravelry store.
- By taking part you are allowing us to share your images on our social media.
So have a think and head over to our Ravelry Group and get chatting about what you’d like to make, we are always amazed at the items made during our KAL’s and we cant wait to see what you come up with!