The weather is beginning to cool down and things are beginning to feel very wintery in Shetland, so we’ve decided to run a fun KAL (knit-a-long) with a winter theme!
The Jamieson & Smith Winter Woollies KAL 2015!
we know people all over the world are often interested in our Colourbox Challenge we hold with the local agricultural shows in Shetland, this is your chance to get involved with something similar, we have chosen a group of wintery/chrismassy shades and we want you to create some winter accessories using this curated group of shades of 2ply Jumper Weight – it can be headwear,neckwear,gloves,mittens,mitts,socks,legwarmers etc etc….
- you can use any pre designed pattern or create your own.
- item must be a accessory as described above.
- use at least four colours but up to eight from the selected shades: 1, 203, FC34, FC41, FC43, FC38, 65 and 9113 – to be eligible only these shades can be used.
- item must contain some stranded colourwork/Fair Isle techniques.
- the KAL runs from now until 15th December
There will be a ravelry thread in the Jamieson & Smith Ravelry group and for easy searching you can use the hashtag #winterwoolliesKAL on instagram and ravelry. If your not on Ravelry or Instagram you can still take part, just send your final photos of your projects to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will choose a winner after the 15th of December and they will receive a fun J&S prize!
We cant wait to see what you come up with, happy knitting!